search(aoi, products=None, start_datetime=None, end_datetime=None, cloud_fraction=None, storage_state=None, limit=100, sort_field=None, sort_order='asc', date_field='acquired', query=None, randomize=False, raster_client=None, metadata_client=None)¶
Search for Scenes in the Descartes Labs catalog.
Returns a SceneCollection of Scenes that overlap with an area of interest, and meet the given search criteria.
- aoi (GeoJSON-like dict,
GeoContext, or object with __geo_interface__) – Search for scenes that intersect this area by any amount. If a
GeoContext, a copy is returned as
ctx, with missing values filled in. Otherwise, the returned
ctxwill be an
AOI, with this as its geometry.
- products (str or List[str], optional) – Descartes Labs product identifiers
- start_datetime (str, datetime-like, optional) – Restrict to scenes acquired after this datetime
- end_datetime (str, datetime-like, optional) – Restrict to scenes acquired before this datetime
- cloud_fraction (float, optional) – Restrict to scenes that are covered in clouds by less than this fraction (between 0 and 1)
- storage_state (str, optional) – Filter results based on
- limit (int or None, optional, default 100) – Maximum number of Scenes to return, or None for all results.
- sort_field (str, optional) – Field name in
Scene.propertiesby which to order the results
- sort_order (str, optional, default 'asc') –
- date_field (str, optional, default 'acquired') – The field used when filtering by date
- query (Expression, optional) – Expression used to filter Scenes by their properties, built from
dl.properties. You can construct filter expression using the
>=operators as well as the
like()method. You cannot use the boolean keywords
orbecause of Python language limitations; instead you can combine filter expressions with
&(boolean “and”) and
|(boolean “or”). Example:
150 < dl.properties.azimuth_angle < 160 & dl.properties.cloud_fraction < 0.5
- randomize (bool, default False, optional) – Randomize the order of the results. You may also use an int or str as an explicit seed.
- raster_client (Raster, optional) – Unneeded in general use; lets you use a specific client instance with non-default auth and parameters.
- metadata_client (Metadata, optional) – Unneeded in general use; lets you use a specific client instance with non-default auth and parameters.
SceneCollection) – Scenes matching your criteria.
ctxwill be a copy of
aoi, with any properties that were
Noneassigned the defaults below.
Default Spatial Parameters:
- resolution: the finest resolution of any band of all matching scenes
- crs: the most common CRS used of all matching scenes
- aoi (GeoJSON-like dict,